Hey everyone! My name is Madis Gooya, and I am beyond excited to be your Vice President for Students HEAL 2020-2021. One of the main reasons I wanted to transfer to SDSU for Nursing School was because of the international experience they require as a part of their undergraduate curriculum. Personally, traveling is very important to me because I come from a background that is very culturally different from that of America. I love traveling to new places because I get to experience and learn about all the unique cultures that fill our world. I can’t wait to take the skills we learn and practice in our labs every week and apply them to people who really need it, while in conditions we are not accustomed to. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to travel to Thailand, and serve the people of Sangkhlaburi. This is truly an experience of a lifetime, and I am thrilled to be sharing the memories with all of you!
Vice President's Duties
- Advise and support the Leadership team in decisions, planning, and projects
- Serves as a liaison between the President and members
- Involved in member recruitment
- Addresses disciplinary issues
- Manages bylaws with the President
- Awards "Members of the Month"